I have never really been a fan of brownies until I stumbled upon this recipe from a blog by Amanda Peterson. it's quick, easy, and most importantly absolutely yummy! i can't stop making...and eating em! so because i'm an extremely nice person, i've decided to share. happy baking!
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup of butter (i have used margarine and it's ok too)
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose (cake) flour
- ½ tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of salt
If you are like me and you want to try a little first before doing the whole recipe, you can half the measures and it would be just fine.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius ( gas mark 4)
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat. Do not allow to boil. Alternatively, you could boil some water and put in a bowl, and place a heat-proof bowl with the butter in the bowl with the hot water. Stir continuously until it melts.
- Mix all ingredients in the order listed above. I usually use just a wooden spoon and a mixer bowl instead of an electric mixer, and it comes out great! Be careful when adding the eggs, be sure to add a little at a time and mix in.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 20 to 30 minutes. Test with a fork to be sure that it has baked all the way through. I like my brownies a bit cakey, rather than fudgy. For fudgier brownies, allow for a little bit of gooeyness on the fork...and for cakey brownies, the fork should be clean when you bring it out.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing, cutting into squares, and serving.
You are welcome to leave comments below.