cookies made with cornflakes??? yup! i kid u not! this is an easy recipe i found online for cookies...with a lil twist of course...if you are looking for a crunchy snack to nibble on this summer, look no further! lol
You will need
- 125g butter
- 140g (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 275g (1 3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 170g sultanas (optional. i left them out...if you want to replace with chocolate chips, you could.)
- 80g (1 1/2 cup) cornflakes, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (Gas mark 4). Line baking trays with non-stick baking papers. I couldn't find this, so i used cupcake paper cases that i had flattened out and placed together.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl, until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined.
- Then fold in flour and sultanas/chocolate chips if you desire.
- Place the cornflakes on a plate. Use your hand to roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into balls, and then roll in the cornflakes to coat.
- Transfer the balls to the already prepared trays, making sure you leave some space between the balls to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside for about 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool off.
- Enjoy with your favourite drink!