I have always wanted to know how to bake wonderful cookies, and for a while now all my attempts had been futile. We happened to have some peanut butter sitting in the fridge (yes, i always look in the fridge for inspiration, lol), and i thought 'hmm, can't i make peanut butter cookies?' so i did the next thing i always do...went online to look for recipes i could try, and then i came across this one. Decided to give it a go, and they turned out to be the bestest cookies i've ever made!!!
So, be bold! Try em urself...
You will need
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chunks/chips
1. Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls (an ice-cream scoop should do the trick). Place about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie/baking sheet. Flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in sugar.
4. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy your cookies with a glass of cold milk.
- Make a cookie sandwich with an ice-cream filling, and roll the edges in chopped nuts or candy sprinkles.
Recipe gotten from www.bettycrocker.com