Whats important now is we are back and we decided to come with something very yummy that everyone (is there anyone who doesn't like ice cream?). It's 4:50am in the morning, I am baking, tired and really don't have much to say, I mean why would I wanna waste time yapping, I think I already am. Here we go peeps the recipe....
Ingredients.... oh did I mention this is sooooo damn easy to make. It's so embarrassingly easy. There are three very basic ingredients then if you wanna get creative with flavours the other ingredients come in. Ok Ok back to the recipe
1) 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
2) 1 cup coconut cream
3) One 14oz (397g) can condensed milk
4) 1/4 cup (2oz) cream cheese, melted
5) 2 tablespoons or 1/8 cup* (1oz) butter
6) 1 cup pureed frozen strawberries
7) 1 tsp strawberry extract/essence
8) 1/2 tsp coconut extract/essence (or to your preference)
9) A few drops of red** or pink food colour
1) Chill mixing bowl and and whisk attachment in freezer for like 30 minutes. Heavy cream and coconut cream should also be chilling i the fridge at least overnight.
2) In a separate bowl combine condensed milk, cream cheese, butter, strawberry puree, the extracts/essence and food colour.
3) Put both creams in mixing bowl and whisk until doubles, is fluffy and forms stiff peaks but do not over whip.
4) Fold whipped cream into condense milk mixture until well combined. For those with stand mixers switch to the paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined.
5) Now pour cream mixture into an old ice cream bowl or preferably, if you own one, a 9x5 loaf pan and put in freezer for at least 6 hour preferably overnight. Yes I know the hard part is the loooooong wait.
**If you are using red food colour you wouldn't need to add so many drops like you would for pink. For both just add drops until you get the desired colour
I will be coming up with new flavours so watch this space...... till then enjoy you strawberry colada ice cream :).